Tuesday, July 20, 2010

post it

Dear computer,

I do not appreciate all the time you waste as I sit here typing this forsaken blog post. I do not appreciate that fact I have been sucked into the abyss of social networking and the facades of cyberspace. I do not like creating avatars and fake personifications of my true character and personality. I do not appreciate your little white screen starting at me before I go to bed and waking me up in the morning with a cup of coffee. I am addicted to your bloody modern technology and the speed and complexity at which you bring a false sense of connectedness to the 'global' community. As this could stretch on ad infinitum, I'm going to get straight to the point: I am initiating a 10 day boycott of this infernal machine. I am leaving the country, going to Norway, and not caring about what happens on Earth unless it directly affects me in the next 10 days. Do not check this until August.

Sincerely,
d. cembalski

No comments: