Thursday, August 19, 2010

title not necessary

the glow of fall,
deep sunsets, leaves on fire.
through a changing season
low-angle light.

when the sun hides
behind distant ridges,
brisk air creeps in
alive.

the cycle continues,
winter is coming.

I am alive, feeling the change of the seasons. Cold air has returned and my body begins to recall the joys of the winter season. My senses constantly look for signs of freezing: the thermometer in the morning, dew now frozen into frost; the need for an extra layer, even with the sun shining bright; the evening star winking as I drive home, high hopes to see the winter constellation of Orion; a smell in the air and a feeling in my bones. I am yearning for the change of seasons. What would life be without this predictable change? It occurs everywhere in the world, in many different forms. The rainy to dry season, summer to winter with spring and fall in between. Every individual feels the change and experiences it as a community with the surrounding landscape. Winter is coming...

No comments: