Sunday, June 13, 2010

Well I think I am still adjusting to entering a kennel with 30 loose dogs and the mayhem associated with all the excitement. It makes kennel chores a little difficult with all these dogs swarming around your feet. Swedish law is different from the US in that dogs are not allowed to be staked out. This means all our dogs get to run around in a couple big fenced areas. Surprisingly, not too many fights occur and the dogs seem to enjoy playing with each other. It can be intimidating though, opening the gate and trying to get in without dogs getting out, everyone barking and jumping on you. At about 12:30 last night, still very light out mind you, I heard the pitter-patter of feet on the deck. Looking outside, I saw three dogs running around the property and having a jolly ole time. On went the clothes and with bleary eyes we put the dogs back into the kennel and searched for the escape point. Sure enough, a hole about half the size of a dog was found and is in line to be repaired today. A new kennel will be built in the coming week, so hopefully that will put an end to the midnight escapes. We've got some exciting news with the two new additions to the pack last night! I'm still remembering names, but another brother and the mother of our six youngest dogs are now here. I'll post more when I can remember their names...

No comments: